My Photo
Name:
Location: Stony Brook, New York, United States

Almost 5 years after my last blog post, I'm now married and in my 5th year of grad school. I've lost most of those hobbies I used to blog about, as well as a fair amount of enthusiasm... wow does grad school change you... Now I am an overstressed grad student who has become a yoga addict to compensate for the depressing fact that I have become a leading expert in a field of chemistry so tiny and focused that, if one were to look at the big picture, I am one of about only three people in the world fascinated by the topic... here's hoping it's impressive enough to convince my graduate committee to give me a PhD anyway.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Reclaimation of The Bright Side

I forgot about my blog. I used to write a lot of posts at one point, back when I was in college. It was only today that I was reminded of it when I found an interesting blog online that I wanted to follow and I somehow found my way back to my blogspot page. It's been 6 years since I last posted here.

I started reading through my posts, some were amusing, some were annoying. A lot of posts were about silly trials and tribulations of a UCSC undergraduate student flopping her way through relationships with all the wrong guys. But a fair amount were about figuring out life after being a minor... when you are out on your own and starting to think for yourself for the first time. Never the less, it kind of read like a teenager's diary. So I saved them all on my computer, but I have deleted them from this blog for the sake of moving on.

I am reclaiming Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life, 6 years later as a 5th year grad student in Chemistry. I haven't played the trumpet in years, I don't draw much anymore (but I hope that changes once I graduate), and I can't wear flip flops as often as I used to (Long Island, NY gets a lot colder than Santa Cruz, CA). But, on the bright side, I am married, I am a yoga and biking addict, I have become a food snob (an inevitability when married to an Italian man), and my greatest desire after I graduate is to finally learn to speak Italian... oh, and finally get to live with my husband... oh, and get a real job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home